Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since I'm landscaping around my house and my yard is torn up anyway, I thought that I would follow everybodies' advice and dig every signal. Here is what I found in a 1 foot by 2.5 foot area. (no exaggeration!) 31 nails and a 22 shell. No relics, No treasures, No coins.

Multiply that by the rest of the area around my house and I come up with about a billion nails. ;) So I could hold a treasurenet hunt around my house, and you guys and girls would come and help me right??

We are remodeling the house and I've seen my husband work. He drops nails like crazy...Old ones and new ones. If I would have known I was going to get a detector, I would have put a stop to that a long time ago!! ;D

Oh, I do think the half round thing is some kind of horseshoe even though it's really small. Any ideas?

Haupin

Attachments

• Nails.jpg
    Nails.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
ROFL!!!!!! Haupin, I really feel for you! That's about all I find around my house too. I've decided I'm going to save up all the nails and build my dream house with them. Hope you find better treasure as you move farther out into the yard.

vicki

Thats really neat/creative haupin.A+

Funny!

Keep searching, you'll find something good!

PS

Try turning the disc. up just high enough to mask out nails, and you'll probably do a little better,

HH

Lonewolfe

Looks like you've got the problem nailed. Would love to come and help but my machine tends to act funny with a magnet attached to the bottom of the coil. ?;)
Maybe he should invest in a pneumatic nailgun, that way if he misses it will shoot the nails into the neighbor's yard and alleviate the problem. haha!

bump up to revise?

Y'all come and I'll supply the hot dogs.? Prizes for the largest nail found, the most nails found, deepest nail found.....etc....etc...etc.? Just be sure you've had your tetanus shots.

JakePhelps said:
How old is your house haupin?
? It was build between 1850 to 1870

tank said:
looks the right size for a heel iron off a boot.
Thanks tank.? It looks just like a mini-horseshoe.? I think you're right.? It's about the size of a heel.

SparklyStuff said:
:D? folk art from finds? ;D
? That's funny, Sparkles.? I am a folk artist!

stoney56 said:
Looks like you've got the problem nailed. Would love to come and help but my machine tends to act funny with a magnet attached to the bottom of the coil. ?;)
Maybe he should invest in a pneumatic nailgun, that way if he misses it will shoot the nails into the neighbor's yard and alleviate the problem. haha!
? I'll keep that in mind, Stoney.? The man DOES NOT need more toys...uh...I mean tools.

ROFL, That is Great Haupin :D. If I had the time right now I would help but I have a few nails to pound around here or the boss is going to give me the what for and the couch to sleep on. :D Keep at it . HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back