DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the fever bad this morning so I called in to take a days vacation (while I was sitting at the lake waiting for daylight). I thought I'd try just driving along the lake looking for spots where people could have went swimming over the years. The lake is down for the winter draw. I found almost as much evidence of fishing as swimming but I did manage to find a nice 925 silver ring and a silver plated toe ring. I found about 50 fishing sinkers, 121 coins for a total of $6.06, 4 bullets, a crackle glass marble?, assorted lures, washers, buttons and a neat old button that has the date 1780 on the front. It must be a commerative button???. If anyone can identify that button please let me know. I lasted about 7 hours and I am beat for sure. The ground was frozen about a half inch deep but thawed out once the sun came up good. Have a good one and happy hunting.

DANGLANGLEY

I thought I better add what I can read on that button.

ARCHID AVST.DUX AND 1780

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 664
  • 033 - Copy.JPG
    033 - Copy.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 684
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 657
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 689
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 700
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 701
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 690
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 692
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 0
Well DANG , DANG whatever that button is it looks to be pretty unique
Congrats!!!!

Jeff

DANGLANGLEY,

Congratulations! Nice finds, and I have to say, your screen name is my favorite. :)

1960Texan

I get a fever myself when the digs are good. Looks like you done well. Your back should hurt if you dug all that today. Nice Rings and Button. Sorry can't help with the I.D.

Hey My man! Nice stuff,that button looks like a copy of the reverse of a Maria Therea taler,copies of which are all dated 1780. Good finds. Wish I were there, it's -3F with six inches of snow here...Kane23

Great digs Danglangley,
Congrats on the 2 rings, sounds like the button is a good oldie too WTG!
Glenn

kane23 said:
Hey My man! Nice stuff,that button looks like a copy of the reverse of a Maria Therea taler,copies of which are all dated 1780. Good finds. Wish I were there, it's -3F with six inches of snow here...Kane23

Yes it is but I guess its a modern blazer button by the look of the construction. :'(

Dang Langley! 8) Not only did you get the good stuff..you got some neat stuff too!!!

Super hunt! Congrats on the finds~

Nana :)

Your change of strategy did great D.
All I got today was batteries!

R M P T R

Attachments

• cr.JPG
    cr.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 370
the last button --- its a austria hungrian thaler coin design rear ( their 1780 thaler was famous since they made them for many years with the 1780 date due to the fact that the arabic traders thought the 1781 dated ones were "fakes" and thus would not take them in trade so from then on they just made them with the 1780 date to ease their "acceptiblity " in the middle east )-- the two headed eagle with a crown -- one for austria , one for hungry --- thus the joining of the two "countries" under "one crown" -- Ivan

Dang it anyhow, it said my file was too large. I forgot to compress my pics and my whole message got erased when I hit the back button, lol... Thanks for the great replies. I knew you all could help me figure out that button. I wish I hadn't stayed out for 7 hours now because I feel like I've been ran over by a small truck. I think it was one of those small ford courier's from back in the 70's lol... I hurt my back and neck helping load the washer and dryer I bought at Home Depot. They said they didn't have any of those young guys to help me out loading them and I'm not supposed to lift over 35 lbs for the rest of my life. That dang washer weighs 220 lbs. Me and another guy that works there loaded them. He looked like he wasn't in much better shape than me. He was retirement age. We got them loaded though. I got food poisoning or a nasty little virus while building an enclosure for the washer and dryer and hadn't fully got over that when I decided to go metal detecting and I sure have paid for it all, lol... I'm attaching a few pics of my project. It turned out great for a wanna be carpenter with a bent saw blade, lol... You all have a great night and happy hunting

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 294

Top Member Reactions