change from walmart outdoes two search sites

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out well before dawn, on the way to site #1 stopped at walmart for bug spray. I searched site #1 and found nothing but junk again. This site was created from canal dredging. I've posted about this place in the past. Invested three hours there. Site #2 is a funeral home built back in 1914. After about 4 hours there, ended up with 2d, 1n, 5p. Oldest coin was 1964 penny. Got home, emptied pocket with change from my bug spray purchase. 2 1990's pennies and 1939 nickel. It is my oldest nickel so far. Maybe I should give up this whole metal detecting thing and do my treasure hunting at walmart. ;D

Upvote 0
I just found a 1939 nickel and a 1943 steel wheat penny in my change today. The oldest coin ive found with my Metal detector was a 1945 wheat penny. hahaha

Maybe you just need a wal mart detector ??? I searched a abandoned football field in Lake Village Ark . " before heat " this morn found $2.30 clad a 1950 dime and a new crescent wrench . Wrench new is about $12.00 so i paid for gas !!!!!!! ;D

Unfortunately an amateur like me will have more days like that than not. But when you find that occasional ring or old coin or ??? whatever, it will all seem worthwhile! I have runs when it seems I can't find my b-tt with both hands and then I fnd a goodie and get rejuvenated! Keep at it and make it fun instead of a job and you will never be bored. JIM

Don't worry guys, there is absolutely no chance of me quitting. I've been at it for 4 1/2 years and I can't get enough of it. One could even say I'm obsessed with metal detecting. I drove an hour and a half to search my wife's uncle's property that supposedly has old stagecoach trails. Oh yeah, did I mention this is when hurricane Dennis was in our area? I got pretty lucky, the area around my house got heavy rains the area where I was had a steady drizzle not too hot. I found a dime and two pennies all clad and three bullets 2 9mm and a 223 or 5.56 mm for those of us military folks. I was thrilled with my finds but my wife thinks I'm nuts. Any time I drive past an empty lot or old run down building my imagination starts racing. I used to be strictly a beach hunter but with the heat here in FL it gets a little rough. I didn't think my local area was that old until I checked with my local historical society. Who knew research could be so exciting!! 18th century railroad office building still standing are you kidding!!!! It's listed as a shed on the county appraiser's website, that is some shed. I 'm waiting to hear back from the church that it sits behind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back