tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Celsa Sterling salad spoon and Polariod film

Went to a church rummage sale today and found this Celsa salad spoon marked Sterling,made in mexico.It was in the knife and fork bin taped together with 5 stainless pieces all for .50cents.My scale is too small to weigh it unless I bend it in half to make it fit.Would I do better listing it on ebay? or just scrap it with ARA? Since the spoon is so long and wont fit on my small jewlery scale I weighed a glass cup then put the spoon in the cup and subtracted, its 70.6g or 2.27oz.Here is a brand new pair on ebay listed for $309 although I doubt anyone would buy it(reduced from $359previously)at that price.My spoon is well tarnishedand scratched but otherwise in good shape considering its from around 1958.Any suggestions are welcome...

Celsa Sterling Silver Salad Serving Set | eBay

Second sale was an estate sale very close to my house so I just walked there, didnt find
much but bought 4 packs of sealed Polaroid600 film(expired).Some of these are selling for $10-20 a pack as they no longer make them , so these are going on the bay Sunday night.Is it better to start low at .99 or list high for these at $40 to start? I paid a $1 a pack, total $4.Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks bd, I found that prices are all over the place for completed auctions.One pack may sell for $30 and a fourpack might sell for only $60 depending on the expiration date.Im currently watching multiple auctions to see what they sell for, thanks again...

Last edited:
Try to send the film via FedEx or UPS (and ask them about their X-ray procedures). The USPS may X-ray it, and 600 ISO film is sensitive enough to be damaged.

I always start my auctions at what I want for an item. One time I listed an item at 99 cents and well that is what it sold for, lost some money on that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back