Cavalry Camp Revisited

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call on Friday from the landowner where my cavalry camp is located. He said that some ground had been recently cleared to put in a fence, and I should come up and give it a try. I went there today and was surprised at how much stuff I found. 30 Sharps, Burnside and pistols bullets, 3 eagle buttons (I hit one by accident), 3 percussion caps, an 1858 flying eagle penny and other assorted stuff including what appears to be a piece of melted silver. Not a bad day at all. [emoji4]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589764166.225043.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589764193.588158.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589764216.256276.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589764234.488987.jpg

Upvote 27
I like it FS!! By the looks of it there should be a couple scabbard tip finials hiding there somewhere. Nice saves :icon_thumleft:

That was good hunt. Nice of the landowner to give you a heads up on the cleared ground.

Wow! Looks like a super fun and productive hunt for you. That kind of day doesn't come along too often. Awesome outing. Congrats!

That was a great hunt indeed. Well Done on some CW History. Go back.

I like it FS!! By the looks of it there should be a couple scabbard tip finials hiding there somewhere. Nice saves :icon_thumleft:

Thank you! I guess I should have explained my finds better, but those aren’t bayonet scabbard tips, they’re empty Burnside Carbine casings.

That was good hunt. Nice of the landowner to give you a heads up on the cleared ground.

I’ve been hunting his property for about 15 years now. Great guy and we’ve become friends.

Great haul of lead and brass! That would keep me smiling.

Steve

Wow! Looks like a super fun and productive hunt for you. That kind of day doesn't come along too often. Awesome outing. Congrats!

It reminded me of the old days, the only thing missing was a plate or two. [emoji6]

Thank you! I guess I should have explained my finds better, but those aren’t bayonet scabbard tips, they’re empty Burnside Carbine casings.

I kinda figured,initially I tried to blow the pic up but didn't work. Thanks

Nice digs, like the flying eagle cent and eagle I button..

This is only the third Flying Eagle penny I’ve ever found, and the last one was in the 70’s. [emoji16]

Holy smokes those Eagle buttons and the Fying are really cool thats alot of nice finds. The Guy calls you now thats pretty awesome Well done on a great hunt.......Tommy

Congrats on the killer relic hunt! :occasion14:

Holy smokes those Eagle buttons and the Fying are really cool thats alot of nice finds. The Guy calls you now thats pretty awesome Well done on a great hunt.......Tommy

There was a major camp on his property and he’s been hassled by relic hunters for years sneaking in. Not not only does he call me, I’m the only one he allows to relic hunt there, he’s a great guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back