stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Attachments

• S3010068.JPG
    S3010068.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 414
I don't know but Sweet find!? I'm crazy for anything with an eagle.? Strikes a patriotic nerve

Upvote 0
Could be a badge off of a law enforcement cap...looks like some I have seen before....

Upvote 0
If it has two screw holes on the back evenly spaced I would say it might be a law enforcement hat badge. I can photograph my cities hat badge to show you the similarities if you'd like.

Upvote 0
The back has a post that's threaded-w/knurled nut. The tip of each eagle wing has tiny pin sticking out. The banner is in lLatin I think- says "LABORARE-LUDERE-ORARE".

Upvote 0
They make Coffey machines and at the top they sometimes put an eagle. I saw one in a Chinese resterant.

Upvote 0
Hello all. This device is from the St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin. I believe it would date to before St. Johns merged with Northwestern, as their post-merger shield has the eagle clutching a ships wheel. The earlier St. Johns badge didn't have this (like yours!). The Latin translates: "work hard, play hard, pray hard". I can't say just how old it is (early 1900's?), as I can't recall the history of this institution, but doing a google search would probably work. Glad to help (I'm sure I'll need some soon!). By the way, was that dug up? It looks GREAT! -Ben

Upvote 0
Thank you very much nhbenz! Benn going nuts trying to figure this one out. Knew it was latin and figured military type. Now I can rest a lot easier. An yes it was dug at an abandoned home here-got signal under a big bush ,came back w/clippers. Was about 2-3" down. Almost quit for the day after that but not quite. Still has guilding on back. Thanks again and Welcome to the forum.! Jeff

Upvote 0
Complete Cap

Thank you very much nhbenz! Benn going nuts trying to figure this one out. Knew it was latin and figured military type. Now I can rest a lot easier. An yes it was dug at an abandoned home here-got signal under a big bush ,came back w/clippers. Was about 2-3" down. Almost quit for the day after that but not quite. Still has guilding on back. Thanks again and Welcome to the forum.! Jeff

I just acquired one at an estate sale. Here is an image of the complete cap.
hat.JPGhat2.JPGhat3.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back