6 TVRR 08202017 Cndl Hldr.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 92
  • 7 TVRR 08202017 Cndl Hldr1.jpg
    7 TVRR 08202017 Cndl Hldr1.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 8 TVRR 08202017 Cndl Hldr2.jpg
    8 TVRR 08202017 Cndl Hldr2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
--or part of one maybe I should have said, as I think it sat atop the portion that had feet, allowing the cord to escape.

Upvote 0
--or part of one maybe I should have said, as I think it sat atop the portion that had feet, allowing the cord to escape.

Hello nhbenz. That makes more sense than a candle holder...dang probably lost 50-YRs on the age of it though...

Thanks for the reply and Good Luck out there. C9

Upvote 0
....Very well could be but MUST have had a wax drip cup as cleaning that filigree would have been a bear !
Nice recovery.

Hello 4x4x4. Agreed re the wax...I think that nhbenz is probably right...lamp base...guess I will have to find the matching base to be sure.

Thanks for the reply and HH. C9

Upvote 0
Thinking further though... with only one hole in the bottom it couldn't have been for a cord, but rather the bolt keeping it together (I think?), so it may have been an oil lamp?

Upvote 0
I think it might be the base of a candle stick, the hole in the middle would have housed a candle stub ejector like in picture

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some lamp cables are routed through what we call all thread having a hollow shafts for wire chasing. Just like a hanging light fixture.

Upvote 0
Yes, totally right, of course. I didn't say what I meant :BangHead:... in my mind I was thinking it might be too small for a threaded tube for the wiring, perhaps only large enough for a bolt. And of course i could be wrong about that.
Jedifelix, the stub ejector is interesting, somehow I'd never seen one.

Upvote 0
I'd never heard of the stub ejector either.
That might very well be it.

It hit me, what doesn't seem right about the lamp base ?
The idea of a threaded hollow tube seemed like a normal way of running the wires.
Then it struck me ... how does the wire GET to the tube ?
The bottom has a few tiny nicks, but they don't appear to be manufactured openings.
They look like small corrosion nicks ?

When the base sits flat, like on a table or the floor, are any of those nicks large enough to allow the wire to enter ?

I think I want to change my vote to "candle stub ejector" because it seems like a cool idea. 8-)

Edit: Another foot piece attached at the bottom, as suggested, would solve the problem, ... so I'm wavering on this one ... candle stub ejector is just too cool, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back