Canadian penny struck as a quarter?

Harley digs it

Jun 27, 2005
New Brunswick, Canada
I found a penny a almost 10 years ago while working at a video store, and when I was counting my till I noticed it seemed odd to me. Upon closer inspection it was a penny that had been struck as a quarter. It is probably the best coin in my collection due to it being so odd. Sorry don't have a picture its located at my mothers house and I haven't gotten around to bringing it up here lol, much to my mothers dismay I have a few things still stored there hehe.

Any ideas what it might be worth based on what I've told you all. Just a round about guess would due not looking to sell it just wondering. Its in good shape not scratched or tarnished but the color is a little off for a penny seems darker than normal.

I will post a picture as soon as I can lol though I can't say when that will be. I'm in the military and don't get home much. I have moved so many times in the last few years doing courses that I've learned to leave those things you value somewhere stable and safe. But I should be getting a permantent posting soon so thats probably when you will see it lol.

Is this it? If so its worth alot :o

1979 Wrong planchet strike. 25 cent struck on a copper planchet. Rare. ex-Ziegler collection. $500

Attachments

• error-cop1979-25cent.jpg
    error-cop1979-25cent.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 331
If you have a copper colored quarter or a nickel colored penny then you have what is called an "off metal strike" There is a group called CONECA that may have a website. They might be able to help you with a value for insurance purposes. If you want to sell it for the top dollar post it on ebay as an error coin but you would need to also post a clear picture or you are just throwing away money on something like that. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back