Canadian 1892 one cent (back yard find)

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
I was hunting the back yard today after work for about forty five minutes.I found this 1892 Canadian cent? that came up 43 foil and ring at about 3"in with my XLT and this medal of some kind dose it look familiar too anyone.I will post some photos of my house on the next find.It was built in 1863 it is about 3 acres sweet a. H H

Attachments

• backyardfinds (2).jpg
    backyardfinds (2).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
Re: Canadian 1892 one cent

Cool finds Hunter! Sorry, I cant help you on the medal though. HH!

Fox

Great finds!

I'll resize the pic for you if you like and email it back to you OR I can just add it here, I think I will :)

northhunter.jpg

There you go, :)

Rod

Looks like a civil war era watch fob to me,

cool find,

Cleaned up a bit, it should be worth approx. $50 to $75 possibly a bit more :)

as the guy below says,

people collect them, and it's a nice one PLUS it's older than a lot that are found!

Hi nice finds. I'm with lonewolf looks like a civil war era watch fob. If your house was built right in that period it is a good possibility that it was lost in 63 64 65 somewere around there. That flag just grabs me on the time period. Looks like hundreds of other flags I have seen on civil war era stuff. It's a collectable. I would give it a light olive oil bath for a day or so. Take it out dry it off real good and it will display looking wet for awile. Because by the looks of it. It looks to be a little flaky. So I would use just a soak of oil. I have some watch fobs and there are alot of people out there who collect them. I'd put that one to the side and add others to it throughout your detecting life. Make a nice collection of them. If you hunt hard like I do you may find a couple a year. Don't know how rare they are to find. But I do know they don't come every day.

HH Jer

Tho's are some nice finds Hunter.Hope that it cleans up better for you.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back