fatkook626

Apr 26, 2013
south carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ace 350 and 150
Primary Interest:
Other
i have no clue what these are,they look kinda like the same thing 004.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG the first one says warrented supirior and the 2nd one says disston phila.what do they go to,how old are they and if any what is the value?

Last edited:
yep,off of hand saws...saw medallions :icon_thumleft:

There is some great info on what dates different ones date to,but I cant find it!Somebody will be along with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what era is the warrented superior one i cant find one like it

Here's a quote from one site
On the warranted superior saw...Outside of England, the WS medallion was used on second line or lesser quality saws, but in England it was used on first quality high end saws, and was a mark of quality. England used them from 1819 to 1878. The banner says Dieu et Mon Droit, the literal translation is "God and my right", referring to the divine right of kings.
Hand Saw Roadside selection [Archive] - Woodwork Forums

and an actual example of the medallion on a saw; a very nice piece.
T. Tillstson & Co. - Sheffield, England.

Mike

Upvote 0
Here's a quote from one site
On the warranted superior saw...Outside of England, the WS medallion was used on second line or lesser quality saws, but in England it was used on first quality high end saws, and was a mark of quality. England used them from 1819 to 1878. The banner says Dieu et Mon Droit, the literal translation is "God and my right", referring to the divine right of kings.
Hand Saw Roadside selection [Archive] - Woodwork Forums

and an actual example of the medallion on a saw; a very nice piece.
T. Tillstson & Co. - Sheffield, England.

Mike
thank you!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
awesome thank you here is the exact one as the 2nd one Untitled Document it is circa 1917

Your Disston Medallion is dated as between 1917-1942 as per Disston's online reference site.

Online Reference of Disston Saws -- The Medallions

At the bottom, there is also a paragraph about the "Warranted Superior" (WS) medallion with regard to Disston products. As well as this link to the WS in their FAQ page. Online Reference of Disston Saws -- Frequently Asked Questions
lol

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back