Can You Hunt National Parks?

V

valkyrie

I live less than 45 minutes from Valley Forge, Wshington's Crossing and many other Revolutionary War historical sites.

Get this I know where there is also old fighting positions dug during the French and Indian wars. In SWPA My grandfather showed them to me when I was a kid. On private property and not a problem looking there as the landowner is an aquaintance..

Upvote 0
There are most likely areas at WASHINGTON CROSSING that are off limits.

Washington Crossing is a "State Park" I believe.

If I am correct, Go to, or call the Park office,
"Tell" them you are intrested in doing some Metal Detecting
there, and ask what the rules are.

PA state parks are open to detecting, however, Certain ones have
what I call "Extra Historically Relevent" areas on them, that may or may not be protected by DEP.

National Parks are off limits.

Valley Forge ? (National ?, State ? I don't know)

Good Luck.

valkyrie said:
I live less than 45 minutes from Valley Forge, Wshington's Crossing and many other Revolutionary War historical sites.

Get this I know where there is also old fighting positions dug during the French and Indian wars. In SWPA My grandfather showed them to me when I was a kid. On private property and not a problem looking there as the landowner is an aquaintance..

Any rivate property should be fine especially in this case if you know the owners. National Parks though ???

Check with the park office. All states have different rules on metal detecting. Some allow it only in certain areas like parking lots and picnic areas and not in the woods or ball fields. Make sure you don't leave holes and make the area look like you weren't there. Making a mess and not taking your trash finds out with you is a sure way to get areas closed to our hobby.

In one simple word, NO. I have a friend who is the commisioner of the entire national seashore park service for orleans and Eastham, they consider it disturbing the ground, you can get your detector taken away, thats no joke.

I have spent many hours walking the beautiful and historically rich Valley Forge area [cousin lived in nearby Collegeville].
Offhand, I'd have to think you'd get crucified swinging a detector there.
Private property, with owners permission, obviously a much different story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back