Can someone tell me what this rock is?

Jeanniew

Jan 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father in law had this rock and he has passed away so I'm not sure how he got it. we our from Idaho IMG_0336.JPGIMG_0337.JPGIMG_0339.JPGIMG_0340.JPGIMG_0335.JPG

first thing that comes to mind is quartz with a light colored turquoise mix

Upvote 0
Is something like this found in Idaho? Does it have any value ? Do you have any knowledge of what kind of gems to look for in Idaho? I went to an opal mine in spencer Idaho a few months back for the first time and I found one stone and the guy who owns the mine said it was could be triple cut I think where his words. I'm interested in having a piece of jewelry made out of it but not sure how or even if it's worth it. My knowledge is very limited but I do have interest and want to learn.

Upvote 0
Clearly not turquoise. Amazonite is the winner, in my opinion. The color, apparent texture, and quartz matrix, in addition to have been found in Idaho, leads me to this conclusion. While not a "retirement" specimen, it still looks like a
winner. How large is the specimen?

Upvote 0
I might also add that including an object of known size in your images would help members better judge the size of any specimen.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back