✅ SOLVED Can somebody please identify this piece of junk?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Found on dry land. I can't figure out what metal it is and it is driving me crazy. Probably an old car part. Somebody should know...

IMG_1700.JPGIMG_1699.JPGIMG_1702.JPGIMG_1701.JPG

Maybe a broken hammer off a pistol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Looks like a knurled threaded cap to something, but since they were used for a gazillion things, it might be hard to pinpoint its origin.

Another thought would be the adjustment nut off of an old adjustable wrench.

Upvote 0
End to a water hose, or more likely, off a hose attachment like a sprinkler, or nozzle.

Upvote 0
That is a what's left of a finger nut(?) Just like mentioned above, everything from water hoses, to wiring connectors. I think my air brush even has something similar but smaller on one hose end. Older adjustable camera tripods had something similar too!

Some of our metal detectors have something similar, they are just plastic. Same idea as what the tripods had.

added....Just thought of something else I've seen those on. Car speedometer cables, they use to be mechanical and had a nut like that holding the cable into the transmission. :dontknow: Motorcycles too!. Here's an example.
http://www.carrotcycles.co.uk/speed...eedo-tacho-drive-cable-union-nut-m18x1-5.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whatever it is, it was cast. I tend to agree with the knurled cap of some sort. Nothing like from a soda, but maybe from some sort of plumbing part.

Upvote 0
Weren't most of them made out of brass?:dontknow:
Mud Hut, the upper right hand picture sure looks like brass to me, but your right, it could have come from
different things, but the size looked right for a water hose.

Upvote 0
CRISPIN

Just curious, if nobody can ID this object, will you be able to sleep tonite?

Upvote 0
My guess would be... it is part of an industrial cable terminal.

022-3003.jpg

Attachments

• 022-3003.jpg
    022-3003.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 0
STEFAN

To satisfy your curiosity, no, I will probably not be able to sleep TONIGHT. I suffer from terrible nightmares of which the vivacious dreams cause me to scream and yell out at night. I have a therapy dog that is trained to sense the nightmares and bark/paw to try to get me out of them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I sleep with the bed against the wall...it is lined with pillows. Otherwise I will throw myself out of bed. The pillows prevent me from breaking something when I punch or kick out as if in combat. Most nights my wife has to sleep in a separate bed.

The peacefulness of the headphones is why I metal detect. I search not for gold or platinum but for solace. Getting involved in cleaning a piece of junk and trying to figure out whatever worthless object it might have been is a therapy worth the weight of the object in gold...

Sleep well my friends. If you have a nightmare then do not worry, I have them too. One day I will explain to you why I have them and how I make it through...

CRISPIN

Just curious, if nobody can ID this object, will you be able to sleep tonite?

Upvote 0
STEFAN

To satisfy your curiosity, no, I will probably not be able to sleep TONIGHT. I suffer from terrible nightmares of which the vivacious dreams cause me to scream and yell out at night. I have a therapy dog that is trained to sense the nightmares and bark/paw to try to get me out of them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I sleep with the bed against the wall...it is lined with pillows. Otherwise I will throw myself out of bed. The pillows prevent me from breaking something when I punch or kick out as if in combat. Most nights my wife has to sleep in a separate bed.

The peacefulness of the headphones is why I metal detect. I search not for gold or platinum but for solace. Getting involved in cleaning a piece of junk and trying to figure out whatever worthless object it might have been is a therapy worth the weight of the object in gold...

Sleep well my friends. If you have a nightmare then do not worry, I have them too. One day I will explain to you why I have them and how I make it through...

Not liking your post because you have nightmares, Liking your post because of the explanation of the escape to something peaceful!

Thought about that after I hit the like button!:laughing7: Believe it or not Tnet is one of my escapes. :icon_scratch: Wait that might be scary? Joking!!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back