Can it be done?

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking for some answers maybe you guys can help me with. I know nothing about dredging so here is my situation. Locally I have some very narrow and slow flowing creeks with anywhere from 3 to 15 colors per pan depending on the bend. I want to build a small dredge to run off of my small AM sluice (I think it's the backpacker). There really isn't even enough drop to gravity dredge this. The only reason I want to do this is because I know it has never been dredged and the walls to the creek are too narrow for a big boy dredge.I have access to 12v batteries out the wazoo. I have some at work I wired in parallel to run a 48v motor, so power isn't really an issue. Let me know what info you need to help me out. Thanks in advance!

goodmorning Duck. I worked a creek there in Villa Rica Georgia many years(20) back. it was originnaly a gold gold mine on top of a hill that a man had built his home over (so I was told) to hide/protect it.there was many tailing piles and small ponds of water ther. you probly know where im talking about. Villa Rica isn't a big palace. I found small gold there using a small high banker. I was only ther 1 day but I also found lots of small emerald crystals in every pan....I don't know if its still open. the man that ran it stayed in a small travel trailer in the front. and he had a dredge setup over the stream (no floats) and after every rain, he would go out and dredge the hole right under his dredge setup.that spot was deep enough to make a gold trap! you may want to go over there and see if he is still there and look over what hes doing!he got fine gold everytime!

Can you send me a pm? I know of the gold museum in VR but that's all I know about

Looking for some answers maybe you guys can help me with. I know nothing about dredging so here is my situation. Locally I have some very narrow and slow flowing creeks with anywhere from 3 to 15 colors per pan depending on the bend. I want to build a small dredge to run off of my small AM sluice (I think it's the backpacker). There really isn't even enough drop to gravity dredge this. The only reason I want to do this is because I know it has never been dredged and the walls to the creek are too narrow for a big boy dredge.I have access to 12v batteries out the wazoo. I have some at work I wired in parallel to run a 48v motor, so power isn't really an issue. Let me know what info you need to help me out. Thanks in advance!

And a hand dredge emptied into your sluice might be an idea. Good luck, Ducky! I hope you find a ton of that golden stuff. (And then show us pictures of it). :)

After talking with Goldwasher, ive come to the conclusion im going build a dredge highbanker combo. Ive got some threaded rod legs here from something at work we were scrapping. Going to throw a washer and nut on it and set my bigger dropriffle on them at 4" drop. Found a 6.5hp 2.5" clear water pump from harbor freight for $189 with great reveiws. Looking forward to this build. The place i want to dredge out has a drop off 6' underwater made by a waterfall on a small 1.5 foot creek. slow water with a few exceptions in some parts. I will update my build on my journal thread.

not working on my phone, what are the prices?

The jobe is new $1600, The Garrett is used, bids are at just over $400... The Garrett is in N.C.

Finally got it working. The Garrett's motor doesn't run. I'll just buy the $189 2" pump

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back