Grave Digger side kick venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1577.JPGIMG_1574.JPGI found these in the woods in a town established in the 1700's. I know they are revelutionary but they could be old. There is no writing on them but there is small lines on them from the barrel they came out of. Also there was an old Nike base not to far from where I found them. They were buried about 2 inches down.

Modern style bullets. Keep looking! But I guess age is relative, I don't think Nike is that old.....

Upvote 0
Welcome to TNet! Agree with Actionman, they look like copper jacketed bullets from a 45 ACP.

Upvote 0
The ones you found are indeed modern "full metal jacket" target practice rounds.

Upvote 0
Without measurements, they look like bullets from the model 1911 .45 Colt pistol. Thompson sub machine gun also fires the same bullet. Odds are it would not be from a Tommy gun. If my guess is correct, those bullets could have been fired anytime from 1911 until present. For positive ID, measurements are needed in one thousandths of an inch. .45 colt bullets measure .451 in diameter, which would give you a positive ID.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily target. The .45 ACP FMJ was ball ammo for service. 9mm NATO still is. Whatever they are they are post 1900.

However, some modern FMJ don't have the exposed lead at the base.

Upvote 0
Wow this site is really great glad I found it! Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
old black powder era bullets will not be copper on the outside ..they will be lead // they will have a hollow base generally and normally will be of a large size say 58 to 69 caliber ..(unless their pistol bullets--then 36 and 44 are common) old black powder pistol bullets are often round like modern buckshot but some are bullet shaped and will be made of lead as well

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back