✅ SOLVED Can anyone identify this automobile found in a canyon?

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
Automobile found in a canyon - It's a 1951 Pontiac

Can anyone identify the make, model, and year of this automobile found in a canyon?

post_carcanyon_01.jpg

1. Photograph side

post_carcanyon_02.jpg

2. Photograph rear

post_carcanyon_03.jpg

3. Photograph front

Thank you.

:)

Last edited:
Based on the trim piece below the rear passanger window, it is a 1951 Pontiac.

1951-pontiac-rear.jpg

The body is exactly the same as the Chevrolets. Small Pontiacs and Chevy shared body parts up thru the '54 model year. But much of the trim and chrome was different.

I own a '52 Chevrolet station wagon and it shares body parts with Pontiac and Olds of the same year.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Based on the trim piece below the rear passanger window, it is a 1951 Pontiac.

View attachment 914385

The body is exactly the same as the Chevrolets. Small Pontiacs and Chevy shared body parts up thru the '54 model year. But much of the trim and chrome was different.

I own a '52 Chevrolet station wagon and it shares body parts with Pontiac and Olds of the same year.

DCMatt
Coincidently that looks to be the only part of the entire car that's still good.. lol

Upvote 0
WilliamBoyd:

Looks like the seat cushions are gone. I would check around to see if there is any loose change - perhaps in the glove box, as well. You're not likely to recover a lot - but given the age of the car one or two of the right coins could be a nice find.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Upvote 0
Every intact piece on that wreck that you can salvage would be excellent ebay fodder. Car restorers want original parts. Use the money to buy metal detectors! Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
I found a 1939 Desoto custom out in the desert...one of 295 built...in plain sight on the ground next to the passenger door was a 1941 mecury dime...black from the sun...
someone had cut the chassie out from under the body...so I built a skid and drug the thing to a friends property...nice lawn ornament...even the hood was still there..

Upvote 0
My guess is a 1923 Duesenberg

BTW is the original manual in the glove box?

Upvote 0
It seems to be a government conspiracy. Obama hates pontiacs!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back