Can anyone identify the one bullet on the far left?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's modern, just wondered what it was. The one on the right is a musket ball that hit a rock. The middle ones are typical of the kind we get from this one site. IMG_0594.jpg I did not mic the one on the left probably around .45 caliber.

Upvote 3
Some kind of Wad cutter. What is the diameter? If it is large it is a shot gun slug

The 20 gauge shotgun base is 2nd from right, so it's probably for a rifle or muzzle loader. Lots of people deer hunt this one farm.

It kinda strikes me as being a maxi ball from Thompson.

Ok, I accidentally found my micrometers. It's 50 caliber and no distortion to the bullet.

I think flatbutton got it. It appears to be a Maxi Ball bullet, often used for deer hunting. Yours style looks like the middle one in this picture.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514233715.751491.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me.

And Shazam!

The middle ones are 45 cal pistol or Thompson sub-machine gun and others. They date from 1905. Most common gun was the Colt 1911 that shot them.

Last edited:
Good Lord. Scubadetector, if you're right, my farm is a SECOND war zone, after the Civil War, that is. We have found hundreds of these.

LOL of course I am right. I find .45 cals all the time where I find the Lewis machine gun magazines and bullets. I am hoping they shot them also out of the bi-planes and they dropped a Thompson out of one! I carried a .45 when I was a state cop also. Maybe someone played with a Thompson out there!

And I just thought it was crazed deer hunters. Wait till my friend who owns the property finds out. I'm going to keep the rest of them I find in the future. There were just yesterday's oddball finds.

The second one from the left is 36 caliber. Any idea what fired it?

Duplicate sorry.

Last edited:
The second one from the left is 36 caliber. Any idea what fired it?

A gun!!

Actually I do not know of ANY 36 cal center fire pistols, only black powder pistols and that bullet looks like a newer pistol bullet. Are you positive it is not a 38 cal? I am stumped if it for sure is a 36 cal because it does look like a pistol bullet. A 9mm is 35.5 so I am leaning towards a 9mm pistol as it looks like one and is very close to that size.

With my eyes, it could be 9mm. It is a 20th century bullet, as in pretty new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back