Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm heading to an estate auction this coming Sunday and the auction house has posted pictures of some of the items up for bid but no descriptions. There is a metal detector up for bid and I was wondering if any of you out there could tell by the picture what brand it is and the possible value of a used machine. I have done well at these auctions before and most people do not bid on the misc items like this and if they do they bid really low. two months ago I picked up an entire lot of pre & post war Lionel Trains for $40.00 everything from extra track, out buildings cars and engines. anyway I'm getting side tracked let me know if you guys can tell.

Attachments

• 101_4661.JPG
    101_4661.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 96
I don't know EXACTLY what animal that is, but I have an idea.
I don't really know the performance characteristics of a Yugo and a Maserati, but I can get a good idea of which one I would want by looking at them.
I would bet that it is a Chinese job, any detector worth a darn will be proud of the name and have it prominently displayed. I know you can't tell 100% by just looking at a machine, but I would guess you couldn't find a manhole cover under a sheet of wet newspaper with it.

I would bid 20.00 and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know EXACTLY what animal that is, but I have an idea.
I don't really know the performance characteristics of a Yugo and a Maserati, but I can get a good idea of which one I would want by looking at them.
I would bet that it is a Chinese job, any detector worth a darn will be proud of the name and have it prominently displayed. I know you can't tell 100% by just looking at a machine, but I would guess you couldn't find a manhole cover under a sheet of wet newspaper with it.

I would bid 20.00 and leave it at that.

You don't think the name could be on the side of the electronics? The reason I'm asking is it looks fairly heavy duty for a made in china radio shack detector. I could be wrong :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back