Can anyone get any info on this photographer

26 under sig so I would assume 1926

Upvote 0
Is there any back story on the photo? Is it smalll? Like post card size?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
No back story that I know of it's bigger then a postcard like a 8 by 10 I believe I don't have it with me at the moment but it's signed in pencil (P. Rawlings) (26) to the left ,( bridle path)to the center. under the sig is 800DD and far right it's stamped (little art shop inc)

Upvote 0
I found nothing on "P. Rawling" but did find info that the "Little Art Shop, Inc." was a mail order business in Washington DC in the teens and 20's. They advertised nationwide in magazines for folks to "Earn money fast" selling postcards.

My first thought about your picture was C & O canal tow path, but it's too far from the water's edge I think. And by 1926, the canal restoration was well underway and those trees between the path and the water would have been removed. So... it could be any where.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Always so helpful dc maybe the sig isn't p rawling I will try to get a clearer one

Upvote 0
Here is a better pic of the sig

I guess the number 26 could be like 26/50 signed

Upvote 0
The 26 is more than likely almost suredly the date of 1926
I see an S at the end. Try Rawlins or Rawlings a combined g and s as artists tend to do
There is a John Rawlings photography in the 1920's through late 1950's he was a photographer for vouge. Maybe this is his wife?

Good luck!

Upvote 0
This is on the back

The exact size is 7 by 9 inches

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back