Can agate be metallic like this?

Lasvegashunter

Greenie
Sep 8, 2016
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it was just fire agate but when polishing with a steel brush under water the fire agate has a metallic luster??? Has anyone ever seen something like this before?? image.jpg

Your steel brush could be causing the effect try a brass brush.

Upvote 0
Ok the brass brush actually chipped some of the metallic material away but as you can see on this picture I opened it up more and it's still metallic. Is this not agate??? image.jpg

Upvote 0
Could this be a sapphire with biotite mica on it??? Is that possible to find in Mojave desert? I just scratch tested it to quarts and it scratched the quarts!!! How can I confirm this??

Upvote 0
IDK ? But did purchase a rock collection that had a piece on red jasper that had a silver streak in it. It was also labeled "Jasper with native silver". It had been polished also to define the silver steak. Now I need to remember where I put it, so I can post a picture. Mama had me remove my boxes stuff from my side of the closet in order to make room for more of her stuff, which is much more necessary to keep in a closet then the stuff I have. I'm sure it's around. So could metallic elements be found in a Cryptocrystalline piece of mineral. Maybe ?? I just don't know that for sure :dontknow:, but that piece of Jasper I have someplace may prove it does occur.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back