calvert floor weekend

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
This is what I got this weekend minus some buffalos and jeffersons i also forgot to scane a 1937 Quarter I got and another mercurey (35) That seated is a S mint mark so Im hopeing for a date on it. That plate is off a antquie pool table (might put that on bay to see what happens). Larry got about the same as well as a Barber and a quarter, course we got lots of wheats as usall, and some marbels (4 Clay ones)
This other pic is of how deep we've been digging to do the sifting In the back of the store, Ive got about that much more to go yet.

Attachments

• 100_0351.JPG
    100_0351.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 620
  • 6 20 6 21.JPG
    6 20 6 21.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 607
Upvote 0
You'll have to let us know the grand total when your done.. this surely has been fascinating for me.. a dream dig.. boy you all been at this how long now? love the coins and the doo dad from the pool table.. thanks for sharing again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome stuff still TC...I love the perseverance.Congrat's to Ya.....once in a lifetime!!!!! :thumbsup:

I guess its been a couple months, and were close to finished except when the construction starts, there is a couple spots we cant get to till then.
My dream store just opened up and I will know in a couple weeks if I can go in there he said he has to check with his insurance co. I'll have to haul off about 10-15 trailor loads of rotting lumber but the dirt is already down to the right level. This madness may never end, as there is another nice spot I may have avalible to me after that one.

You guys know how to do it right. Keep at it and good luck!

Pete

Nice finds,

Tumble that silver with dish soap and aquarium gravel for a few hrs and they will come out new again.

HH Jer

Keep posting this is still the most intresting and coolest thing to date, I am loving watch the process! :icon_sunny:

You are so lucky, I wish I had the guts to get spots like that.. I am just amazed at all this.. again.. well done and you so deserve all this after all the back breaking work you all are doing.. You are one hard core determined hunter for sure.. thank you for sharing too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TEXAN Connection said:
he said he has to check with his insurance co. I'll have to haul off about 10-15 trailor loads of rotting lumber

Don't know how easy / difficult it is to do in TX, but it might be worth your while to set yourself us as an "industrial clean-up" business of some sort. (sole proprietership here in WI pretty much requires ZERO effort / expense) Talk to your homeowners insurance co about adding an umbrella policy to cover your "side work" liabilities. Then you can tell prospects that you ARE insured to do the type of clean-up work you are doing.........

Diggem'

I can tell you need help. As a good friend I think I should come down and help you. I can see how stressful it is finding all that good stuff. OK OK at least it didn't hurt to try. ;D :tongue3: :thumbsup: Congrats my friend your doing great.

Burdie

All I can say is you are pulling some VERY nice coinage & relics from that site!
Every day you spend there sifting through that floor dirt is like opening a present. :thumbsup:

Burdie said:
I can tell you need help. As a good friend I think I should come down and help you. I can see how stressful it is finding all that good stuff. OK OK at least it didn't hurt to try. ;D :tongue3: :thumbsup: Congrats my friend your doing great.

Burdie

So. . . Calvert Floor Hunt-I after the CTH-II? :D

Keep on siftin',
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back