CanTops

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2016
Northeast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero & SR II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found about 30 or so little bands, each sequentially numbered, in a buried jar. They appear to be made of very thin brass. Each is embossed with a three digit number within the phrase "IF 71 LAW ###." The number "71" is oriented vertically, bottom-to-top. The three-digit numbers range from about 224 to 286. The jar didn't look familiar but didn't appear to be very old. They are too small for me to get any better close-up. They are 5/16" tall and 5/16" wide.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Bands 6-2016.jpg
    Bands 6-2016.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 112
That's a really neat find! Don't think I have ever seen a cache of pigeon bands dug up before!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Unique find! The bands date to 1971. The club has been around for many years before that. I would contact the person in charge of the database since the website info only goes back to 2000, to see if they could offer any information as to who "LAW" is. The "LAW" is the club identification code used within the IF organization. The 3 digit sequential numbers are the serial numbers for specific birds of that club.

IF DatabaseSami Eljamali
Email: [email protected]

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or does anyone else here get a laugh out of realizing that there's a "Lost and Found" section on the homing pigeon fanciers website? :laughing7:

Very interesting find, BTW !!

Upvote 0
Yup, a nice bit of irony there! :laughing7:

Upvote 0
You guys are incredible! Thanks for the info and leads. Seems interesting enough for me to chase down a bit more.

Great Forum!

Upvote 0
Thanks Tuberale. Never would have figured them out without support from TNet.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back