✅ SOLVED Cabinet Lock/Latch ???

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this yesterday 10-12" deep at a house fire site.. Any ideas as to what the time frame of manufacture could have been.. Kinda hoping Victorian Period or later.
IMG_0640-1.JPG
IMG_0641-1.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG

I've found a couple of similar ones, both at sites that dated from the 1880's-1890's

Upvote 0

This brass latch / lock handle is a beautiful example of the Arts and Crafts Period! :thumbsup:

The Arts and Crafts movement was an international design movement that flourished between 1880 and 1910, especially in the second half of that period, continuing its influence until the 1930s. It was led by the artist and writer William Morris (1834–1896) from the 1860s onwards. It was inspired by the writings of John Ruskin (1819–1900) and Augustus Pugin (1812–1852), although the term "Arts and Crafts" was not coined until 1887. The movement developed first and most fully in the British Isles, but spread across the British Empire and to the rest of Europe and North America. It was largely a reaction against the perceived impoverished state of the decorative arts at the time, and the conditions in which they were produced. It stood for traditional craftsmanship using simple forms and often applied medieval, romantic or folk styles of decoration. It advocated economic and social reform, and has been said to be essentially anti-industrial.

PS. I like your 'motto' too... although I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before?! :laughing7:
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0640-1-crop.JPG
    IMG_0640-1-crop.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
lol.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back