✅ SOLVED C. W. White & CO. Indianapolis

DiggerKep

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this yesterday, it is stamped with C.W.White & CO. Indianapolis. I can't find anything on that company on the intenet. It appears to be brass/copper and my first thought was something to do with old clocks. I have found quite a few old clock parts in this area, but this is heavier than I would expect in a clock. the "key" appears to be something to tighten this, but obviously it is not working as it used to. thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

Attachments

• full_front.jpg
    full_front.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 89
  • full_back.jpg
    full_back.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 92
  • closeup_name_with_ruler.jpg
    closeup_name_with_ruler.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to Tnet. Not sure how it would go on an old clock, but I look forward to seeing a positive ID.

Upvote 0
I can't see how it can be a crank for anything the way the handle is arranged, and with those several holes arranged along the bottom it looks like a handle to adjust the opening on something, perhaps a draft or feed chute of some sort. I've looked at cream separators, corn huskers and forge blowers, and have found nothing that compares. Perhaps someone knows for sure and will post.

Upvote 0
Here is another close up. This is of the gear part of the piece.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140324_112132.png
    ForumRunner_20140324_112132.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going to call this one solved. At the very least I know more about the company and a possible id. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back