c w spur

bjblas

Jan 22, 2006
missouri
I am new to civil war relic hunting .I decided that i need to do more with my detector than coin and such so i pick up relic hunting i live in a small town in mid Missouri and in this town was a small fort on the hill i still don't know what the name of the fort was maybe just the towns name waynesville fort i have tried to find it but with no luck. did they just name forts after the town it was in ? well went up and found it there is a sign that stands where the fort was at one time .there is a house where the old fort was at now didn't think there was going to be much there to find and know one was home at the house to get permission to hunt so i drove up the hill at the top there was a small area that the city owns about 50ft by 100 ft on the top just a little grassy area that looks over a cliff i stopped and detected there lots of pull tabs and nails but detected next to a big tree and found a nice horse shoe and under it about 2in was this spur and a eagle button and the outer item was found there to did they use screws back then the round piece has a brass flat screw welded in the center of it could this item be of civil war . i have done some research and think i have the where abouts of a camp the troops used when they would come threw this area plain on heading down to see what i find. thanks bjb

Attachments

• spur.jpg
    spur.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 219
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 210
  • button sw.jpg
    button sw.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
I don't have any answers to your questions....but those are some awesome finds!

Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back