C.R. Hunted about $278.00 this afternoon.... Heres what I found.

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C.R. Hunted about $278.00 this afternoon.... Here's what I found.

Ok, went to several banks today, got $200 in rolls at one bank, $70.00 in rolls at another, and $8.00 loose at another. Well, strangely the $8.00 in loose was all 40%ers, sixteen coins, I wonder if the teller was saving those for someone like me to come along and ask for them.

Next went through all the rolls, skunks all the way through until the last two rolls.... Got one more 40%er, and a 1988 S..... Funny cause I was thinking to myself that I had never yet found any S mint mark ones yet, then pow, sure enough I found one. Lastly also in the last roll a 2002 D.... Isn't that one suppost to not have gone into circulation? Or is it the dates newer than 2002? Those ones are more valuable too correct, why, lower amount minted, or?

S ~ mint marks are proof coins right? Are these ones really worth more? The one I found has been in circulation for quite a while, it's really beat up!

So I've searched a total of $339.00 ~ 69 > 40%ers ~ one S mint mark and one 2002 half thus far, Got my first full box coming on Thursday, can't wait!

Upvote 0
Re: C.R. Hunted about $278.00 this afternoon.... Here's what I found.

Good finds, yes the S mint marks are proofs on the Kennedy halves, they are of lower mintage so are a premium, but if it's in circulation & banged up bad, probably will just be worth the 50 cents!

Sweet!!!! :thumbsup:

Sounds like some good finds, way to go!

You go dude!

sounds like your doing great to me, keep it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back