Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this has been hashed out here before and I am sure I will get flamed but hear me out :coffee2:

I am a disabled Vet and have very bad legs and the knees are very hard to bend more than 55 degrees and I cannot kneel and have alot of pain. Last year I was able to go up to New Hampshire and did some panning and sluicing in a stream for 3 hours, it was great! BUT then next 2 days I could barely walk and had to call in sick to work. I am on a rehab program trying to get my knees to where I can bend them 90 degrees and to where it doesn't hurt to walk. I can't stand more than a few minutes without them feeling it.
I am able to drive, but after one hour in the car and I get out it takes 5-10 minutes to where I can walk.

Anyhow I have bought some cons in the past so I could have the fun of panning and finding something, somehow lead flakes are not as much fun to show off!
The person I have bought from is not doing it right now due to state regs etc.

Is there a reliable person to buy cons from? I could buy salted stuff anywhere, really wanted something that would, how do I say it, have a good probability of finding something.

Thinking on the lines that they might salt a batch of cons to make sure you find something but it is not just "sand" but real cons that may have some unsalted gold.

thoughts

Upvote 0
I remember your posts from months ago. Don't be such a stranger! Is knee replacement an option?

It is, it would be both knees, and I have to lose about 60 pounds before that time. Right now I am working on building the muscles.

Yup, been a stranger, been very busy, work and kids (older) plus way to many hobbies including genealogy that suck up alot of time.

I had bought some dirt from Felix but keep hearing about how it is salted but you do get gold .Felix Paydirt - would you say that with their salting you get about 1/3 to 1/2 your money back?

I guess I am looking for what I found in NH, 3 hours work and about 6 pieces of 80 mesh, but I was thrilled with it, a 3 day trip and 6 hours each way (it is only 4+ hours away but I have to stop every hour to stretch and get the legs working) and 50 cents worth of gold, LOL
But I can't wait until I can do that again!

anyhow I guess I am looking to try dirt that may or may not have anything and is good practice. I went to the Gold Hog site and it seems to be that sort of thing.

I keep asking my son who goes camping on the Kanc in NH to bring back a couple 5 gallon buckets of river dirt, he has been up there 3 times so far this year, and I didn't get a spoonful. He is going this weekend again and I am going to lay down the law, bring some dirt for Dad!

I wont sell you any but I'd send you some Strait out of the Crusher! .. send me a pm ill send you 10 lbs. ps we have an issue with platinum and silver so you'll see allot of that too.
From one Disabled Vet to another Thanks for your Service Brother!

There are a couple on here that sell real cons. Kuger I believe is one that comes to mind. There is another but his name escapes me. Both have very good reps on here for good cons. Look up some of the older post about buying paydirt and you will get the right names. It doesn't matter what era you served, you served and that is what matters. Thank you so much. I hope you get your knees fixed soon so you can get back to enjoying life and gold again.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Thank you all for the thoughts and the replies I really appreciate them. I will follow up on them.

What is frustrating, besides being able to tell when the weather is changing, is that I am sitting in the backyard panning in a tub on a stool, after about 15 minutes my legs start to hurt and then when I go to get up they have stiffened up to where it takes a couple minutes to move.
But with God's grace I will beat this. I have found that slow and steady exercise helps and I am trying to stick to it. I will win! :icon_thumleft:

Hey ben, give me the word and ill send you some REAL NH paydirt. Im constantly digging and have plenty of cons with all the fines up to 30 mesh. Ive been just taking just the big stuff. Dusted is also being very generous! Dusted is a TNet legend, and his crushed ore is real. You would find more with his cons but all the same. Thanks for your service. I have 3 friends overseas on the front line. Scary stuff! Protect what they are fighting for! This great country

I was at Thermal City earlier this month and saw that they had bags of dirt for sale, contact them at Thernal City Union Mills NC, I bet they'd ship..Good Luck!!

Hey ben, give me the word and ill send you some REAL NH paydirt. Im constantly digging and have plenty of cons with all the fines up to 30 mesh. Ive been just taking just the big stuff. Dusted is also being very generous! Dusted is a TNet legend, and his crushed ore is real. You would find more with his cons but all the same. Thanks for your service. I have 3 friends overseas on the front line. Scary stuff! Protect what they are fighting for! This great country

Thank you Griz that would be great I will PM you. Thank you for your thoughts, I have been through the mill - the Service, a stroke at age 46, cancer at age 50, a spleenectomy, ruptured appendix, going to the VA next week about a hole in my heart... but God has given me the strength to go on

as my Dad an Iwo Jima Marine in WWII said "pain is weakness leaving the body"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back