46.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 208.jpg
    Picture 208.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 209.jpg
    Picture 209.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
plain on front,,, did more cleaning on it U.P.D.R.B,, not upper sorry about that

Not sure then, it looks like a typical superior quality backmark (construction wise). I thought it was a two piece button that had been flattened, so throws my theory off. The other button looks to be turn of the century civilian. It could be from another type of country's navy, though many are actually from blazers. Either way the back construction is 1900-Present.

If the other button turns out to be a two piece button flattened, and the backmark is stamped in thin letters it would match a similar timeframe.

Dan

well the edges are turned up slightly so not totaly flat maybe it is is superior it is hard to make out due to heavy pitting still a neat find thanks for helping,,, the button with anchor on it i have found afew examples and i think your right about turn of century, and it does apear to have gold gilt on it as shown in pic all i did was wash dirt off in warm water no other cleaning done thanks again happy hunting

close back id i can come up with if it is superior, would place to civil war era but that is a shot in the dark and finding the rest of it may be hard i found it in 6 in of gravel in my drive way if find any more of it i may be able id it better but i think it crumbled on me when i dug it out

Superior Quality was used well after the CW as well. The loop size, and again if it is thin print it is well late of CW. Just my honest guess but tough without a good picture. Many 1890s-1920s muscian buttons have that backmark...google some images of them and you will see what I am talking about. Cool finds

Dan

thanks happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back