Buttons at the Academy on a Great club hunt!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds are the result of a club hunt that took place at Oak Ridge Military Academy here in Greensboro.

Here is a group picture of my most significant finds for the day.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Normally our club hunts for a few hours and then comes back to present our spoils
for a chance to win find of the day. Today was my lucky day! I was awarded find of the day with this button.

This is a very well preserved button that will likely be put on display in the Schools museum.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg
The significance of the button is that Oak ridge military academy was originally called Oak ridge Institute.
The name changed from Oak ridge Institute to oak ridge military academy in 1914.

Two Eagle buttons. Not sure of the ages.

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

A broken Cuff link?

FullSizeRender_3.jpg

WW2 HBT uniform button and above it is a Ball end Cuff-link.

FullSizeRender_4.jpg

From what i understand, these two buttons are the newer style that replaced the old institute buttons.

FullSizeRender_6.jpg

And finally a uniform star and 2 badges.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Of course, i found lots of trash and plenty of clad but remarkably only one buffalo Nickel (Not Pictured)

Happy hunting everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 19
Ok why was I not informed of this hunt!!!!!!LOL Great finds I want to join a club for hunts I do have a few tnetters I hunt with but nothing like a club hunt going to a location like that. Glad you had fun and so many nice relics. Well done Tommy

Ammoman, Congrat's to you on some very nice relics and Saved History. Well Done.

Congrats on winning the find of the day award. Those are some beautiful old saves. I like it all.

Great finds! :icon_thumleft: Those are some really cool buttons! Congrats on the find of the day!

Great group of relics, congratulations! :occasion14:

Ok why was I not informed of this hunt!!!!!!LOL Great finds I want to join a club for hunts I do have a few tnetters I hunt with but nothing like a club hunt going to a location like that. Glad you had fun and so many nice relics. Well done Tommy

Thanks A2, Club hunts are very fun. Most of our club hunts are secured with the understanding that all finds are the property of the owner. I am just thrilled to have found something they would actually be interested in.

Awesome hunt.Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back