dontknow.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 253
  • cap1.JPG
    cap1.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 260
  • cap.JPG
    cap.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 259
Your first button is a US Army "Great Seal" general issue button... that pattern has been around since 1902 and is still used today.

The backmark will prolly be the key to dating the button and I cannot read any off it... can you? What does it say?

The 2-holer is awesome! I really like it - but don't know anything about it...

Upvote 0
mastereagle22 said:
Ok so I am sure this button has been found and posted before but it is one of the coolest buttons I have found so far.

Someone please help me ID this button.

The little Two hole has not writing or markings on the back but I thought it was neat too.

Thanks.

Anyone have any idea about the last two items?

Hey, I found the same button yesterday! Check out my NEED help ID button!

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Your first button is a US Army "Great Seal" general issue button... that pattern has been around since 1902 and is still used today.

The backmark will prolly be the key to dating the button and I cannot read any off it... can you? What does it say?

The 2-holer is awesome! I really like it - but don't know anything about it...

Can't make all of it but I can see: looks like MEN then a space and R . (letter I can't make out) then it looks like IEBMANN MFG CO??? Does this help?

Upvote 0
mastereagle22 said:
Well I have tried to find it on the web and I just can't. I do think it is fairly old though.
Doesn't look like any of the Eagle Military buttons I am used to.

I think you are right.

Mastereagle - It's the only eagle design the US Army has used for
the past 105 years! It's the most common one found...

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
mastereagle22 said:
Well I have tried to find it on the web and I just can't. I do think it is fairly old though.

I think you are right.

Yes I realize that what I should have typed is it is not like the buttons I have on my dress greens. The ones on that uniform are not flat. Sorry MJ, not doubting you at all. I simply cannot find anything on the Manufacturer of the button which I find sl odd. That is all. MJ sorry.

Upvote 0
mastereagle22 said:
Montana Jim said:
mastereagle22 said:

I think you are right.

Yes I realize that what I should have typed is it is not like the buttons I have on my dress greens. The ones on that uniform are not flat. Sorry MJ, not doubting you at all. I simply cannot find anything on the Manufacturer of the button which I find sl odd. That is all. MJ sorry.

Copy that... I misunderstood... I also could not find any more then that the name I gave you is correct... for the back mark.

Upvote 0
Yes I think the name you provided is correct. I don't know any more about the button. I do know that I traced the owners of the home back for 45 years and none of them served in the Army. So I am right where I started from except now I have a name of the manufacturer. None of this changes the fact that this is my coolest button so far even if it was only two days old! :)

Thanks MJ

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back