Button or ?

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
I posted this Oct 2, with some other stuff and really like this find (?), its the closest thing I have to a military button I have found so I really would like to know what it is. Fortball9 said its face was like NA112 or 113 but CRUSADER said the way the back is it would fit better with a bracelet type thing. Any help would really be appreciated. Its diameter is a smudge smaller than a u.s. quarter. I was also told I had found a sword pommel and bit chain, these were all found in close proximity to my U.S. buckle and some nice bullets I found a while back. Thanks. JYD

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 391
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 389
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 385
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Looks like a button from a sweetheart belt. Button companies made them with tabs or loops on the sides, instead of a shank in the middle, so they could be linked togther to form a belt or chain.

I've found a similar item but mine may be a button. Either it is a 3 piece button missing the back or it is something akin to yours. Nice find!
Mike

Attachments

• Navy button 001 (Medium).jpg
    Navy button 001 (Medium).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Navy button 002 (Medium).jpg
    Navy button 002 (Medium).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 364
  • Navy button 004 (Medium).jpg
    Navy button 004 (Medium).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 360
Hello Mike and all, your right they look the same to me. I have been looking through some button sites but havent found anything like it yet. If you ever do get some info pass it on OK. Thanks and good luck in the future. WES

JUNKYARD DOG said:
Hello Mike and all, your right they look the same to me. I have been looking through some button sites but havent found anything like it yet. If you ever do get some info pass it on OK. Thanks and good luck in the future. WES
Here is one in better condition found by another member. I thought you might be interested. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,245437.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back