✅ SOLVED Button or some other relic ID help...

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.....found this in North Central PA, I think it was two pieces at one time because the front seems to be brass or copper and the back seems to be filled with lead or pewter. Since its no longer perfectly round, the diameter on average is 1.82". The scene, whatever it may be, looks to be gold gilt. I rubbed mineral oil on the front as that seemed to help bring out the details, also added a negative picture as that, to me anyway, also seemed to help with details. Thanks as always. ....

ForumRunner_20140331_202112.png

ForumRunner_20140331_202139.png

ForumRunner_20140331_202201.png

It maybe a bridle Rosette, it looks to be a bundle of wheat a rake and a boat with a figurehead of a horse? HH Also it looks like a trident with the rake? the boat looks viking?
BK

Attachments

• viking boat3.jpg
    viking boat3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys....I did a soak of 50/50 ammonium & water twice and the second soak didn't help anymore than what the first already did - what's left is really hard, like concrete almost....not sure if anything will get it off, if you or someone else has a cleaning suggestion please feel free to share........any thoughts on a date?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys....I did a soak of 50/50 ammonium & water twice and the second soak didn't help anymore than what the first already did - what's left is really hard, like concrete almost....not sure if anything will get it off, if you or someone else has a cleaning suggestion please feel free to share........any thoughts on a date?

Looks like a tough job cleaning, but doesn't look too bad now. Considering the back probably CW era.

Upvote 0
Thanks IP...

Upvote 0
Not that I doubted you guys but here's a pic of a very similar rosette - posted by a Tnet member helping another member last year, the boat looking thing is actually a plow.......thanks again...

rosette%20from%20book.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back