button or cuff link and rail tool

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a Teknetics T2 and trying to get used to it. I found a rail tool that I am trying to identify and a nice old button or one side of a cuff link that I am also trying to identify.
I think that the rail tool is one portion of a track lift, it has the numbers PF10 and 8540 on it.
It is 6 1/2" long and approximately four inches deep, the bar is an inch wide and 5/8" thick.
The button is brass front and the back is totally rusted but looks like it was post in the center of the back it is engraved with a five pointed star and a rose. It is 5/8" diameter.

000_0173.JPG000_0181.JPG000_0182.JPG

MVC-003S.JPGMVC-004S.JPGMVC-005S.JPG

Upvote 2
That's a gorgeous button! I own a T2 SE and let's just say it's blown me away. The finds I've made in the first 9 months are beyond what I ever imagined I could come up with

that button screams to me "The Yellow Rose of Texas" lol nice find.

the rail tool you refer to is called an ANCHOR it clips on to the rail on either side of the cross tie to keep the rail from running or shrinking thus stopping the ties from getting slanted. i just retired from amtrak after 38 years, used about a gajillion of them. cools buttons though!

very cool button

Thanks everyone for the replies:hello: HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back