Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 0028DD4C-CA62-46EC-89B9-00597A432101.jpeg
    0028DD4C-CA62-46EC-89B9-00597A432101.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 323
Joking about what? Friend sent me this. I have no clue as to what it is. The reason I asked can anyone ID it for me. Do you know what it is.

Upvote 0
Joking about what? Friend sent me this. I have no clue as to what it is. The reason I asked can anyone ID it for me. Do you know what it is.

It's an incredible George Washington Inaugural button. ($$$$)

Attachments

• scratchplate.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 249
Upvote 0
dear god, a gw? in AMAZING SHAPE.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys I knew I could depend on you all. I’ll let him know. Glad I did didn’t find it cause I would have stroked out.

Upvote 0
I texted him and asked the condition. He said it was not in to good of shape. What would be the value on something like this.

Upvote 0
Looks to be in pretty good decent shape to me...

For reference, I did a quick search on Heritage Auction's website (this is from 2010)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0
I texted him and asked the condition. He said it was not in to good of shape. What would be the value on something like this.

For a dug button in is in primo condition. If he joins this site and posts it under today's finds, he will likely have 10 pages of replies before it's said and done.

Upvote 0
Looks to be in pretty good decent shape to me...

For reference, I did a quick search on Heritage Auction's website (this is from 2010)

Even thought that one isn't dug, the value might easily be the same because the recession killed the price of relics for quite a while. Now they seemed to have bounced back a lot.

Upvote 0
He said he found it in Georgia on a river bank. That was many years ago. The fellow that found it died. So his widow is trying to raise the money for funeral cost. I agree it does look cleaned up. Which I know degrades the value. He Said what would you offer. I’m not a button person. I coin shoot and that’s all I do. But if I found one I would be tickeled to death. I never intertained him an offer for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He said he found it in Georgia on a river bank. That was many years ago. The fellow that found it died. So his widow is trying to raise the money for funeral cost. I agree it does look cleaned up. Which I know degrades the value. He Said what would you offer. I’m not a button person. I coin shoot and that’s all I do. But if I found one I would be tickeled to death. I never intertained him an offer for it.

You might want to, thats a great piece.

Upvote 0
There were three original styles of this button and 1 reproduction made during the 1970's. Your friends looks like an original. The one known reproduction has "liberty village" stamped on the back. Lots of button collectors out there. Don't sell it too cheaply.

Upvote 0
Junkironkid wrote:
> " The fellow that found it died. So his widow is trying to raise the money for funeral cost."

Under those circumstances, I suggest you contact William Leigh, a longtime friend of mine (he was a guest at my wedding) who deals in such buttons and whom I will testify is an honest and highly respected Historical Buttons dealer. Please tell him Pete George sent you. Of course, also tell him about the widow. His website is civilwarbuttons.com and his direct contact information is here:
William Leigh: Ordering Information

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info. I’ll find out what he wants to do. Thecannonballguy I’ll sure tell him about that site also thanks.

Upvote 0
Thecannonballguy I emailed him. Hopefully he can give me an ideal of the value.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back