Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this button the other day. It was an iron back that fell apart when I cleaned it.I have found nothing on it this far but will keep digging. The front reads S.O. Co. Balto. and a picture of what I think may be a building or train?
modify_inline.gif
index.php

I believe that you have an overall button but I'm not exactly sure. Good luck on the I.D. Tennessee digger

Upvote 0
As I was replying, ffuries also replied. I think he is exactly right! Tennessee digger

Upvote 0
Overalls button made by Sweet Orr Company, some are marked NY and other places.

Mike

I believe you are correct, I searched for images and found nothing yet. Do you get this from a button book or experience?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter, I now believe you are on the correct "track", haha, pun intended. I found this one which is more similar than any Ive found yet. It is Railroad related. Thanx for the lead.

Attachments

• so co.jpg
    so co.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 815
Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is the image on the button? I can't make it out.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
What is the image on the button? I can't make it out.

DCMatt

I will try to clean better and post pic tonite. I dont know yet Matt. Its fragile so i stopped at where you see it in the post.

Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter, I now believe you are on the correct "track", haha, pun intended. I found this one which is more similar than any Ive found yet. It is Railroad related. Thanx for the lead.

Just for clarity, there is no '&' on the original button.

I wonder if S. O. could = Standerd Oil? Standard owned all the refineries in Baltimore at the turn of the 20th C.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back