All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 263
Nice Royal Artillery button, Many similar buttons like yours with cannon balls were found in the Niagara frontier. Dating back to the revolution.
HVA --The H could be Horse
The A could be Artillery
V---?

The above are just guesses, Sorry could not be of more assistance.

Regards Simon....

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
...Or heavy artillery...

I dunno, been looking on-line and found nuthin yet.

Thanks I have looked for some time too??

V - could be Voluntary

Upvote 0
Certainly a Royal Artillery button, ca. 1790-1800. It isn't the general issue, but probably some sort of volunteer artillery. Still working on it...

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
Are there any larger British towns (whose names start with "H") that would have formed a volunteer artillery unit back then? If this is tied to a single military group, then it might be a rarer variety.

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
HVA Halton Voluntary Action (England, UK)
HVA Hastings Voluntary Action (England, UK)
HVA Hackney Voluntary Action (England ,UK )
HVA Herefordshire Voluntary Action (England ,UK)

Upvote 0
HVA..........In 1896 seven London women Sanitary Inspectors founded the Women Sanitary Inspectors Association and in 1918 the association which now included Health Visitors in its membership registered as a trade union. In 1929 the union became the Women Public Health Visitors Association and in 1962 changed its name again to the Health Visitors’ Association (HVA). With just over 16,000 members the HVA merged with and became a section of MSF in 1990. In 1996 the association changed its title yet again becoming the Community Practitioners & Health Visitors Association (CPHVA).

Health Visitor Association

Upvote 0
gypsyheart said:
HVA..........In 1896 seven London women Sanitary Inspectors founded the Women Sanitary Inspectors Association and in 1918 the association which now included Health Visitors in its membership registered as a trade union. In 1929 the union became the Women Public Health Visitors Association and in 1962 changed its name again to the Health Visitors’ Association (HVA). With just over 16,000 members the HVA merged with and became a section of MSF in 1990. In 1996 the association changed its title yet again becoming the Community Practitioners & Health Visitors Association (CPHVA).

Health Visitor Association

Thanks for your efforts. I knew this was a hard one, as its the only one I have seen anywhere in all my time researching/detecting.

Upvote 0
I don't know that this is correct, but it is a good effort. I really think it is some type of Royal Artillery button because of the design. I just have a hunch that it is a regimental-type-button and hence it will be hard to find. I remember seeing a British button site at some point in the past online. It had many types of dug buttons on it, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I should have bookmarked it. :'(

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
Keeping in lines with it being military, ah, for a guess Highland Volunteer Artillery

Don

Upvote 0
HvA - Heavy Artillery

Sometimes called Foot Artillery - with the crew on foot at a heavy, more stationary gun.

Not to be confused with HrA - Horse Artillery - with lighter, mobile guns.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I don't know that this is correct, but it is a good effort. I really think it is some type of Royal Artillery button because of the design. I just have a hunch that it is a regimental-type-button and hence it will be hard to find. I remember seeing a British button site at some point in the past online. It had many types of dug buttons on it, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I should have bookmarked it. :'(

Buckleboy

I think he got done for live ammo.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back