button help

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
It seems to have a number 64 on it any idea if this is military or civilian? 006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG

Interesting. Can't find any info but I would guess it's military related. Looking forward to what others can find out...

Upvote 0
Your button's construction is a 1-piece brass flatbutton, with brazed-on loop, typical of early-1800s manufacture. The buttons of British army "numbered" regiments sometimes have the number in a circle surrounded by sunburst-rays. So, I'm guessing that your brass button, based on its early-1800s 1-piece construction and presumably being found on the North American continent, is a War-of-1812 era British army Regimental button. I'm not sure the number on it is 64, because the 4 (if it is actually is a 4) looks a LOT shorter than the 6.

Upvote 0
TheCannonballGuy said:
Your button's construction is a 1-piece brass flatbutton, with brazed-on loop, typical of early-1800s manufacture. The buttons of British army "numbered" regiments sometimes have the number in a circle surrounded by sunburst-rays. So, I'm guessing that your brass button, based on its early-1800s 1-piece construction and presumably being found on the North American continent, is a War-of-1812 era British army Regimental button. I'm not sure the number on it is 64, because the 4 (if it is actually is a 4) looks a LOT shorter than the 6.

Ya I thought the 6 looked a bit short

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
Close up image added.006.JPG009.JPG008.JPG007.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back