image.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image.png
    image.png
    994.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image.png
    image.png
    657.9 KB · Views: 79
I believe it's from the "golden age" of gilt buttons, roughly 1830's-40's and think the B B stands for Benedict & Burnham.
One site online says the B&B backmark was used 1834-43. Online sources often have mistakes, but for this button that seems right.

Upvote 0
I believe it's from the "golden age" of gilt buttons, roughly 1830's-40's and think the B B stands for Benedict & Burnham.
One site online says the B&B backmark was used 1834-43. Online sources often have mistakes, but for this button that seems right.
Sweet thanks well it's about 80 years older than I was thinking. Probably my oldest button I'll have to take a closer look around that area. Does a button like this have any collectors value?

Upvote 0
Hi; I agree with the 1834 Era Date. I can see a Federal Eagle with the 13 Stars above it's Head. The Head is facing Left. I doubt it has any value due to condition. When I first saw it I thought it was a GWI Button but it is not ok. Nice find. Especially right under a Modern Dime. Yup, I'd go back and search that area VERY SLOWLY. There should be more there. Just dig EVERYTHING. I think you will be amazed at what pops up ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
Hi; This is the GWI Button I was thinking of but yours has stars above the head. This one does not even though the Eagle looks about right ok.
Here is the pic:

WI-13-B-BRASS-34MM-R-6-JOHN-MARYLAND-OCT-2008-350x350.jpg

Good Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
DANG NICE LOOKING BUTTON < BACK MARK IS SWEET....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back