on.off

Aug 1, 2014
new york city
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi,

i have learned a lot from reading Q&A in this forum but this is my first post. i'm looking forward to learning more as well as contributing when i can. brief introduction--i collect unusual antique jewelry, pins, buttons, etc. and compulsively buy anything with insignia i can't identify because i like the mystery and research process. my father has also collected any kind of antique organizational, fraternal, military, etc. pins for over 20 years so between us we probably have 100s of mysteries yet to solve.

anyway, this hat pin (apparently made from a button) is probably late 19th/early 20th century. i was not able to identify its exact organization. it depicts a winged wheel with arrow-tipped lightning bolts coming out of the wheel. it is surrounded by 3 crowns (swedish?). there are no maker's or other markings on the button. can anybody provide more information?

thanks!

bike1.jpg
bike2.jpg

Danish Railway Station in Aalborg Denmark. The crown isn't right but no doubt about the winged wheel with lightning bolts.

ab-aalborg14.jpg

Upvote 0
thanks for the awesome replies! i hadn't considered railway. it is very similar to the buttons in nhbenz's link (which also have sparks(?) coming out of the top of the wheel).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back