Button find

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All My Fellow TH'ers
Well I did not find a lot of super items on Saturday, 05/06/2023, but I did find one item that to me was different. I found a button that appears to be made of glass. It does have a small loop on the back that is intact. I am guessing that it dates to the early 1900s. This was dug out of a 1700s house site. Lots of melted glass and square nails make using a metal detector difficult at best. My TH'ing buddy and I have found many coins and Civil War relics in this site. I hope that everyone finds a bucket listed on your next TH! ;-)

Attachments

• 20230506_210745.jpg
    20230506_210745.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 10
Hi All My Fellow TH'ers
Well I did not find a lot of super items on Saturday, 05/06/2023, but I did find one item that to me was different. I found a button that appears to be made of glass. It does have a small loop on the back that is intact. I am guessing that it dates to the early 1900s. This was dug out of a 1700s house site. Lots of melted glass and square nails make using a metal detector difficult at best. My TH'ing buddy and I have found many coins and Civil War relics in this site. I hope that everyone finds a bucket listed on your next TH! ;-)

Nice recovery​

Victorian Czech buttons were from the 1850's -1900's.​

Hi All My Fellow TH'ers
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back