✅ SOLVED Button experts out there please take a look at this NBC button

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So this was found at a 1909 home site in the Hudson valley NY area. Any information would be helpful as I can not find anything online about this type of button.
thanks for looking

nbc_button_back.jpgnbc_button_back_1.jpgNBC_Button_front.jpg

That would be the right time frame for that button.. actually made by Scovill and dates to the late 1800's.

Upvote 0
I"m not a button expert, but this Browning King backmark was used from 1860-1934.

Nice Find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
I can see a few online that folks say are (to my surprise) uniform buttons from the National Broadcast Co. (offhand I wouldn't have thought they had uniforms).. They were started in 1926, so it seems like there would be a small window that this could date from if we're working with the correct info.

Upvote 0
When I first saw the button, I thought about the National Broadcasting Company mainly because of the font and the fact you're located in New York, which is were NBC is located. The date/timeline is correct for NBC and your button.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Several eBay sellers call these National Broadcasting Company uniform buttons. As Ben said, the company was founded in 1926. Browning King & Co. made uniform buttons until 1934. Lots of professions wore uniforms back then. So there you have it...

DCMatt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I google image searched "uniform button nbc" this was the first hit. It was linked to an eBay page but there were a couple hundred different types of buttons listed when I clicked on visit page. image.jpeg

Upvote 0
thank you everyone!

When I google image searched "uniform button NBC" this was the first hit. It was linked to an eBay page but there were a couple hundred different types of buttons listed when I clicked on visit page. View attachment 1338399

Thank you all for the ideas, I was wondering if it was from the NBC we all know and love as in "National Broadcast Company" I saw the ones on Ebay thank you but they don't give any information as far as history or dates of the button (eBay is for selling not research although it can be helpful)
Will mark as solved i guess :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back