pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I just dug this up a few miles from a Civil War era fort in SoCal - Fort Tejon. Wondering if this may date to around the time that Fort was actively used. Oldly enough it was actually dug up in a now long abandoned Girl Scout camp area...

Measurements are: .55" diameter and 1.0" long.

Thanks for having a look.

IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0375.JPG

Looks like a Ringtail Sharps. Nice find.
It is civil war period.
HH RN

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your help, guys!

Thanks for the ID on this. I was just detecting the abandonded GS camp area, looking for older coins. Found a few wheaties there, so there may be some old silver around...
Not too surprised to find a 100 year old bullet there. Where that camp is, was a known path to the "watering hole" and it has long been a popular deer hunting area. Fort Tejon is at lower altitude, about 2500' down the hill. I suppose that bullet may have been used for shooting at deer...or maybe one of the local natives, as I think that's what the fort was built for (outlaws and control of less friendly natives..). I need to get back out there with the detector. Lots of history in this area, including stories of the "lost padres mine" in this same area... Maybe I'll find it yet. :icon_biggrin:

Upvote 0
Sweet find! :occasion14:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back