bullet1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 368
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 367
  • bullet3.jpg
    bullet3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 368
Looks like a cheap modern day bullet that was fired out of a rifled pistol barrel most likely a .38 Special or a .32, I cant tell using a quarter. By the way, you can except to find bullets everwhere.

Upvote 0
The type of bullet shown would be fired from an auto loading pistol. Scaling from the top picture tells me it is a 9mm dia. bullet,probably from a 9x19mm pistol.

A 9mm bullet measures .355",a quarter measures .950".The picture shows the quarter to be about 2.66 times as large as the bullet. 2.66x.355=.9443 Close enough it's a 9mm.

hasbeen

Upvote 0
This is just a guess, but it appears to be a .40 caliber pistol round. You would have to measure it to be sure, but the flat top of the bullet is consistant with a .40 cal round.

John

Upvote 0
More likely a revolver than an autoloader. Autoloader bullets are almost always round nosed to make chambering more certain. Probably .38.

Upvote 0
l.cutler said:
More likely a revolver than an autoloader. Autoloader bullets are almost always round nosed to make chambering more certain. Probably .38.

.40 auto rounds are flat nosed, check it out. That doesn't mean that's what this is though.

John

Attachments

• 300px-CartridgeComparison.jpg
    300px-CartridgeComparison.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
Hornady .355 diameter 124 grain full metal jacket flat point. Most likely fired from a 9mm Parabellum auto pistol. I scaled it too,for size,but can't weigh the photo LOL! Search Hornady's sight to see that the ogive style matches the Hornady bullet.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that looks like it. It always amazes how many bullets are found where you wouldn't expect it.

Upvote 0
Cutler made appropriate comment,I tend to think wheelgun,but rifling appears consistant with autoloader.

Upvote 0
Most assuridly a semi-auto pistol of some kind. The bullet has no crimping groove. I reload nearly every pistol caliber from .44 mag. on down and that shape bullet is made for 9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, and .45 Auto just to name a few. Several manufacturers make that same shaped bullet. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back