Build & Sell Dredges?

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Build & Sell Dredges?

Do you guys think there's enough of a market in the gold prospecting world to build and sell portable dredges?

I'm currently able to build a high quality, ultra portable 6" dredge for about $2500. Would $3500 be too much for a price?

I'm also interested in fabricating nozzle, jets, etc aswell and am currently designing a new and more efficient pump design.

Re: Build & Sell Dredges?

nope! not at this time! theres already several big manufactors and a few smaller ones out there. with the west coast in question right now,used dredges are going somewhat cheap and are fairly plentiful. id hold off any comitment right now in building/manufactoring a big dredge right now,but thats only my opinion! one thing youll have to ask yourself is" what is it that makes this peice of equipment so good that people will want it over whats already out there!" but if you do go in that direction, i wish you all the luck! and post a picture of what you have if you have one!

Not a smart move, as was said, that and there is quite a surplus out there of used equipment with the legalities not going our way and have not been for many years.

All the above and I doubt you will see anything over 4" being legal in Calif anyway

Maybe in Alaska and Canada!!! Lots of dredging there. Contact some dealers up there for advice. A good 6" dredge in Alaska is a hot comodity in season.

Just call Keene or Proline and ask how business is..... they probably won't share that with you but it can't be too good. I know the dealers are dropping like flies. Sucks but true reality sometimes does.

i was offered a chance to manufactor a popular sluice for a friend of mine but had to turn it down due to high material prices and the greengubermints attempt to squash mining/dredgeing.

Need to make a greengubermints separator, I would buy one of those.

I was thinking about purchasing a bunch of used Cal dredges and bringing them up with me to Alaska to sell, plenty of room left in the container,
but have enough to worry about. Maybe next year. :tongue3:

jog said:
they already have one of these out there.......its called a voting booth! and it dont work correctly as seen by their last federal election!

jog said:

How's this for an idea?
images-2.jpg

Attention Customers:

Please be advised that due to escalating gold prices and an unusually high demand for equipment,
there is a 4 to 10 day production delay. Please keep this in mind when requesting expedited shipping of any kind.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
http://www.keeneeng.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Seems Keene is having a tough time keeping up with the market :icon_scratch:

Keene has trouble keeping up.(period) :laughing7: Doesn't matter if it is the dead of winter or the demand of late spring. 8-10 days delay ain't bad for them I have had orders take months.
Dredge sales can't be real good, nope, but prospecting supplies are a booming. 1500++++ yahoo!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back