Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these pieces yesterday at the farm property I'm searching. They were all in the same hole.
Any idea if they are just farm, or possibly CW related?
I'm thinking the spring loaded clip would be too modern for the CW era, but what do I know? ;)
Any guesses what these were used on/for? Horse? Person?
When I first saw the two round pieces, I thought I had finally found old coins. Darn it. :(
Thanks,
MM

Attachments

• Buckles.jpg
    Buckles.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Copper pieces.jpg
    Copper pieces.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Buckles.jpg
    Buckles.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Copper pieces.jpg
    Copper pieces.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 271
Nice artifacts!! The pieces you found remind me of the hardware on a horses harness. I'd guess it's from a horses bridle because I remember seeing a similar buckle on each side of the horses face. The rivets might well hold the leather piece that goes across the horses nose. Two Dogs

Upvote 0
Miner, The hardware you are showing looks like harness hardware. The snap looks like it might be a little large for a line snap, but there are other places on a harness they are used. Rivets were commonly used on harness from the maker and for lots of home repairs. Much easier and quicker than sewing. When I was very young, my grand parents and parents bought a ranch, when they replaced the old barn they hauled (as I remember) 30 or 40 sets of heavy harness and collars (along with some "A" fork saddles) up the canyon and burned them. At that time (the late '40's) that equipment wasn't worth anything and was in the way. You may have found the same sort of area. Oh well. Jerry

Upvote 0
The two studs are from a horse harness. To attach 2 pieces of leather together.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for that info. At least I can file this find with the farm items instead of CW.
Have a great week.
-MM-

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back