✅ SOLVED Buckle?

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea really,think its bronze, has white metal inlay,is solid, 1ft long 001 (15).JPG

Attachments

• 002 (17).JPG
    002 (17).JPG
    672.9 KB · Views: 121
I wouldn't call it a buckle??
But I sure like it !!
Need better pics from all angles.
Close up if you can..

Tim

Upvote 0
Thats got some crazy carving or engraving it =

Upvote 0
looks like its suppose to represent some kind of animal. you can see the head and eyes. maybe a serpent or water creature

Upvote 0
The curve is a clue. I think this is a pot/urn attachment. The fixing looks like it went on a metal pot & the dragons head would have been level with the lip at the top. It would have had at least 2 of these, matching pair on each side. Possibly a plant pot for a garden feature.

Upvote 0
You may have said in another post and I missed it but can I ask what type of spot you are digging these cool Chinese artifacts.
Railroad , mining camp, town?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I like to think I am pretty up on mid 19 th century Chinese artifacts,but this just proves,ya never seen it all!!!Thanks for posting and great id Taz

Upvote 0
Thats just unbeliveable,speehless,thank you taz42o for great ID,don't know what to say. site? sorry don't speak english. Thank you all for the help.I'm stunned

Upvote 0
Came from a old dump in a city that was going to be paved.Totally unexpected along with box002 (18).JPGThe only Chinese things found.

Upvote 0
mon Français est pauvre
Merci . J'ai pensé qu'on l'a trouvé avec la lampe d'opium .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just kidding about the english

Upvote 0
I would have guessed shoe horn, man that was an awesome ID. taz42o, you da man!

Upvote 0
It is a belt hook, examples shown popular in Warring States period c.350-250 BC in China. just speechless

Upvote 0
beau out of curiosity what made you say "Buckle"?

Upvote 0
The knob on the back,I like looking at Civil War buckles and some have these round little knobs on the back of the buckle that are attached to a belt, reminded me of those just larger.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back