Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Buckle " Hickok USA " date help?

Hello all,,,
I have had this buckle for quite awhile, but haven't been able to come up with any info on it...
I was hoping maybe someone could possibly give me a date, or dates they were made...
It's made of brass, I think. maybe bronze... ( kinda of copper colored ) It seems to have been gold plated at one time, although most of the gold is gone. It measures 1" X 1 1/2" and is marked on the back, " Hickok USA ".
I have found a lot of info on Hickok buckles, but nothing so simple, or made of brass. All the buckles I see made by them are usually very fancy and made of gold, or silver.... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• Hickok.jpg
    Hickok.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 663
Re: Buckle " Hickok USA " date help?

I'd guess maybe 1950-60, from the style. The company was founded in Rochester, NY by Stephen Rae Hickok in 1909. It became part of Tandy Corp. in 1974.

Upvote 0

As a child in the 1950s I remember getting a set of capguns and scabbards with a "Hickock" name brand on them. However this buckle doesn't look like a toy item. Monty

Upvote 0

Monty, your cap guns were most likely modeled after " Wild Bill Hickok" The wild west showman. I seem to remember a pair I had as a child. trk5capt...

Upvote 0

Thanks all,,,
Monty,,,,Your remark about the Capguns reminded me of this other buckle I found. It is also marked, " Hickok USA " on the back... I had forgotten about this one, it was in another box. It to, ssems to have been gold plated at one time and is about an 1 3/4" in diameter...
Does it look like a buckle to your Capgun set?

Attachments

• HickokH.jpg
    HickokH.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,217
Upvote 0

Not if it was Gold plated!? I can't remember what the buckle looked like .? It was your typical kiddy two gun and holster set, made of faux leather all gussied up with tassels, etc.? I just remember the name Hickock being inscribed on the belt or the capguns, don't remember which.? Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back