buckle help!!

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I talked to another man today that told me he found a belt buckle in his yard.There was a lot of CW activity in that area.He has found about 60 CW bullets also in his yard.But we can't seem to find any info on this buckle.I don't have a clue what it is.All of the Virginia belt buckles that I have seen info on don't look like this.All I know it says VIRGINIA on the front the back is lead filled 3 hooks,but it has a small Va seal on the front.I have no idea if it is real or not.Any help will help.
Thanks in advance :help: fortbball9

Attachments

• Picture 603.jpg
    Picture 603.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 333
  • Picture 604.jpg
    Picture 604.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 605.jpg
    Picture 605.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 326
The style of the hooks has me concerned...

Let me take a look...

-Buckles

Upvote 0
I can't find anything on this buckle. So it seems to me that it is either a fantasy piece, or it is not a CW buckle. The only VA CW issues of which I am aware are the state seal sword belt plate, belt plate, and two-piece.

It is possible that this buckle dates from either before or after the war. I'm not that familiar with those--especially post-CW buckles and plates.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
The hooks also has me concerned.Everything that I have found on VA buckles don't look like this,pre, during and post.So I don't have a clue.

fortbball9

Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Don't know but I'd bet fantasy piece.

That's my hunch as well--especially since I can't find the buckle listed *anywhere*...

Upvote 0
Think it's a fantasy piece, but I post stuff here because everyone else here knows way more than I do. Someone here will I'd it for you, that's a given. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I looked through the VA relic book.. google.. and check the plates cast by Hanover Brass... nothing even close!!! pre, during or post war.... sooo????

MB

Upvote 0
I'd say a home made sandcast buckle. Poorly done.
I've seen some real nice fake CSA rectangles that looks a whole lot better.
Modern age.

It has what looks like wings like you would see on early air patrol.
My guess is Virginia Air National Guard wannabe.

w

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back