Brother comes to visit, Summer Hunt finds

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
My Brother Rick, (DetectoDude) comes out to hunt New England two to three times a year from California. He has been out here for the past four days, and we thought we would post our finds from the hunt. We got to search several old cellar holes and some houses from the early 1800's. Rick definately won the coin competition this time with a 1917 D Walking Liberty Half Dollar and an 1850 Large cent and we both found some indian heads and lots of wheaties. I found an 10K gold mans wedding ring and a great William Barton Petal Bell. We also found some great old musket balls including a 75 caliber and 60 caliber, and several large colonial buttons. Two horse bridal rosettes and a colonial fork rounded out the finds. Hope you enjoy the scans.. Lance and Rick

Attachments

• July 05 Brothers Hunt #1.jpg
    July 05 Brothers Hunt #1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 418
  • July 05 Brothers Hunt #3.jpg
    July 05 Brothers Hunt #3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 413
  • July 05 Brothers Hunt #4.jpg
    July 05 Brothers Hunt #4.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0
Nice stuff!

HH guys!

Lonewolfe

Congrats, looks like you and your brother made a good haul ! Good that you both can get together like that. H H !

Huntin' 59er

Lance, you guys did alright. Gotta love those old bells. Not quite enough for an article but a great combined effort. Keep 'em comin' & HH. 8)

Really great finds you two!

Thanks for sharing!!!

;)

Great job, you two did well!! WTG!!

nice finds ,i like the 1x2 dollor. clads are nice for spending money but, i would rather find the old stuff. which i don't by the way.

That's some nice old stuff. Looks like you and your brother had a good time. I know me and my brother hunt all the time together and nothing is better than being able to spend time with someone close.

Looks like you have some good old sites to hunt. Keep up the good work. I like to see the old stuff you put up.

HH Jer

Thank you for the nice comments. Yes that was our article in the August issue. He showed me up then too with the belt plate. I will get him in October when he comes out again. Lance

;D I think the Oct. hunt will be better, we have more time and I will install my ultra magaline batteries in the detector adds 50% more depth! I know I shouldn't let the secret out Lance but we can't keep it a secret from the detecting community anymore!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back