IMG_4230-001.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4228-001.JPG
    IMG_4228-001.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4229-001.JPG
    IMG_4229-001.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 74
I don't know the size, but it looks like a ladies turn of the century scarf or choker slide.

Neat find,
Breezie

Upvote 0
I was thinking you could nail this one Breezie ! and I believe you did ! Thank you ! I placed it in my hand for size reference but considering a dwarf to Andre the Giant probably not the best method to use . It is an inch and a half square ! MaineRelic

Upvote 0
Breezie got it, although I think it could date up to the 1940s, my aunt who was very stylish wore scarves with similar ones in the 1950s.

Upvote 0
I was thinking you could nail this one Breezie ! and I believe you did ! Thank you ! I placed it in my hand for size reference but considering a dwarf to Andre the Giant probably not the best method to use . It is an inch and a half square ! MaineRelic

Victorian ladies (early-mid-late) wore high neck dresses and/or something at their neck, which was either a scarf, choker, or collar. The neckline really didn't plunge and get risque until the Roaring '20s, except for some formal wear. The high neck blouses, dresses, chokers, scarves, etc. have made come backs in the 50s, 70's, and today scarves tied in all sorts of configurations are extremely popular.

I really can't tell from the photos if yours is from the late 1800s, 19-teens, or a well-done retro piece, BUT the style remains the same, which is Victorian. As you can see from the composite pics below, some neck jewelry were slides and some pendants.

Again, neat find!
Breezie
VictorianWomen.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Almost everything I dug on this hunt was turn of the century which was the most active period on this site so I am marking it solved as turn of the century ladies scarf choker ! Thanks again Brezie ! MR

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back